How to Sideload Fire TV Player Apps on new Chromecast with Google TV
If you try to install an app outside of Google Play on the new Chromecast with Google TV, you might run into a snag. Normally, you could go to “Settings” and turn on “Allow Unknown Sources.” Unfortunately, that option is not selectable.So before you even begin to sideload Fire TV Player apps onto your Google TV, you’ll have to
A: Allow Unknown Sources on Chromecast with Google TV.
B: Sideload Apps on Chromecast with Google TV
How to Allow Unknown Sources on Chromecast with Google TV.
1, Go to “Settings” —> “System” —> “About”
2,Scroll down to “Android TV OS Build” where it shows your version of Android TV
3,Tap that row 7 times and it will enable “Developer Mode”
How to Sideload Apps on Chromecast with Google TV
Now, that developer options are enabled you will be able to add Fire TV Player apps onto the device (which is not available on Google Play).
- Install a downloader app in google play store
- Go to “Settings” —> “Privacy” —> “Security & Restrictions” and select “Unknown sources”
- Turn on “Install Unknown Apps” for your Downloader
- Go to Downloader app, highlight the text box and click on it, then type :2020.firetv.app
- Install it by clicking Install in the lower right corner.
- After its installed, click Open
- Once you open it, type your username and password, account name:Fire TV Service